Friday, April 05, 2013

10 Years of The Tuk-Tuk Diaries: My Dinner With Cluster Bombs.

My last post of the year for the Twin Cities Daily Planet is up, examining 10 years since the publication of The Tuk-Tuk Diaries: My Dinner With Cluster Bombs.  I also reflect on the issue of unexploded munitions left over in Laos after 40 years, and the coming Voices from Laos tour that Legacies of War is organizing.

Later this year, I'll be releasing a collection that includes the Tuk-Tuk Diaries, Touching Detonations and Tanon Sai Jai, as these are reasonably thematically related. 10 years later, some of the poems seem way out of place or too rushed, so I won't be including those. But I think most will enjoy the results presented.

In the meantime, you may also want to check out The Buddha of Bombies, which appeared in the Buddhist Poetry Review last year.

No comments: