Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Appearing at H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival


I'll be attending the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival this September in Los Angeles as a professional guest!

I'll be there reading selections of my work, particularly from The Innsmouth Free Press, and most likely the Lovecraftian poems from my first full-length book of Lao American speculative poetry, On The Other Side Of The Eye, celebrating its 5th anniversary this year.

This year’s festival has a cartoon theme. Besides the weird shorts and features, they have scheduled a special animated block featuring South Park (South Park: The Coon Trilogy) and Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated episode “The Shrieking Madness”).

In addition, one of the guests this year is Michael Reaves, who penned the classic 1987 episode of The Real Ghostbusters entitled “The Collect Call of Cathulhu”, marking Cthulhu’s television debut. I'm particularly excited about this because it's one of my personal favorites.

If we're really lucky, I'll also get to do a very quick workshop "Yuk! Writing a Lao horror story."

You can find my Lovecraftian work in the anthologies Historical Lovecraft and Future Lovecraft, Bamboo Among the Oaks, and as Innsmouth Free Press #4. Select issues of Paj Ntaub Voice and Tale of the Unanticipated also include such work. And of course, my books of poetry,  On The Other Side Of The Eye and BARROW. 


The H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival promotes the works of American science fiction and horror author H.P. Lovecraft through motion pictures by both professionals and amateurs, current and classic, national and international. The festival was founded in 1995 by Andrew Migliore in Portland, Oregon to promote and encourage film and television adaptations of Lovecraft’s great works and other, similar weird-tale writers, such as Edgar Allan Poe, M.R. James and Robert E. Howard.

 A very special thanks to Innsmouth Free Press for connecting me to the Festival!

No comments: